(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
Get your SE Structural Engineering Reference Manual study schedules at ppi2pass.com/downloads.
Comprehensive Coverage for the SE Structural Engineering Exam
The SE Structural Engineering Reference Manual prepares you for the NCEES SE structural engineering exam. It provides a comprehensive review of structural analysis and design methods related to vertical and lateral forces. All exam topics are covered, and exam-adopted codes and standards are frequently referenced. You will learn how to apply concepts by reviewing the 270 example problems, and you will strengthen your problem-solving skills by working the 50 end-of-chapter practice problems. Each problem’s complete solution lets you check your own solving approach.
Access to supportive information is just as important as knowledge and problem-solving efficiency. The SE Structural Engineering Reference Manual’s thorough index easily directs you to the codes and concepts you will need during the exam. Cross references to more than 700 equations, 60 tables, 250 figures, 8 appendices, and relevant codes will point you to additional support material when you need it.
- Foundations and Retaining Structures
- Lateral Forces (Wind and Seismic)
- Prestressed Concrete
- Reinforced Concrete
- Reinforced Masonry
- Rock and Soil Mechanics
- Structural Steel
- Vertical Forces
Referenced Codes and Standards
- AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications (AASHTO)
- Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures (TMS 402/602)
- Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318)
- International Building Code (IBC)
- Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures (ASCE 7)
- National Design Specification for Wood Construction ASD/LRFD and National Design Specification Supplement, Design Values for Wood Construction (NDS)
- North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members (AISI)
- PCI Design Handbook: Precast and Prestressed Concrete (PCI)
- Seismic Design Manual (AISC 327)
- Special Design Provisions for Wind and Seismic with Commentary (SDPWS)
- Steel Construction Manual (AISC 325)
- A robust index to facilitate quick referencing during the NCEES SE Structural Engineering Exam.
- Cross references more than 700 equations, 60 tables, 250 figures, 8 appendices, and relevant codes.
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: PPI, A Kaplan Company
From the Publisher
Complete review for the NCEES 16-hour Structural Engineering (SE) Exam.
Mirrors codes and standards NCEES has adopted for the SE Exam including AASHTO, IBC, ACI, AISC, and more.
The People Have Spoken
Trusted by thousands as their exam-day reference.
NCEES Exam Specifications
Completely consistent with the NCEES content and format for the Vertical Forces and Lateral Forces exams.
The Name You Trust
Authored by Alan Williams, PhD, SE, a leader in structural engineering exam references.
250+ Clarifying Examples
The example problems in this book are instructional and informative which build exam confidence.
Extensive Support Materials
Numerous tables, figures, appendices, easy-to-use glossary, and complete index are all included.
This manual will serve as an invaluable reference throughout your structural engineering career.