(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
PROTECT YOURSELF, YOUR BUSINESS, AND YOUR CLIENTS!
This ground-breaking, comprehensive textbook is the “go-to” resource for fitness managers and exercise professionals. Specifically written for a “lay” audience, this textbook is designed to help fitness managers and exercise professionals comply with the law, enhance fitness safety, and advance the exercise profession by describing:
WHAT laws do fitness managers and exercise professionals need to know?
WHY do fitness managers and exercise professionals need to know the laws?
HOW do fitness managers and exercise professionals apply the laws?
Learn from over 110 lawsuits that occurred in fitness facilities and programs.
PART I:OVERVIEW OF THE LAW, LEGAL LIABILITY, AND RISK MANAGEMENT
Chapter 1:U.S. Law and Legal System
Chapter 2:Creating a Safety Culture: Building a Comprehensive Risk Management Plan
Chapter 3:Complying with Federal Laws: Honoring Legal Rights
Chapter 4 :Negligence and Common Defenses to Negligence
PART II:LEGAL LIABILITY EXPOSURES AND RISK MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES
Chapter 5:Hiring Credentialed and Competent Personnel
Chapter 6:Pre-Activity Health Screening and Fitness Testing
Chapter 7:Exercise Prescription and Scope of Practice
Chapter 8:Instruction and Supervision
Chapter 9:Exercise Equipment Safety
Chapter 10:Managing Facility Risks
Chapter 11:Emergency Planning and Response
Special features designed to enrich learning experiences and outcomes include:
- Descriptions of 30 “spotlight” legal cases including “lessons learned” from each case and over 80 additional cases
- Descriptions of effective risk management strategies to help protect fitness managers/exercise professionals and their organizations from legal liability
- In addition to negligence, liability issues addressing technological applications (e.g., virtual exercise, data privacy and biometric data/wearable technology), working with and/or partnering with the healthcare industry, and discrimination (e.g., disability, sexual harassment)
- Over 100 key points, tables, figures, and exhibits
- Numerous sample forms and documents
- Legal and risk management resources
For textbook-related resources and educational courses, go to the publisher’s website: www.fitnesslawacademy.com.
Fitness managers and directors, assistant managers/directors, and program coordinators employed in settings such as:
- Corporate — Employer-sponsored Fitness/Wellness
- College/University — Campus Recreation, Athletic Strength/Conditioning
- Commercial, for-profit — Health Clubs, Resorts, Fitness Studios, Sport Performance Centers
- Community, non-profit — YMCA, JCC
- Government — Military, Firefighters/Police, City/County Recreation
- Hospitals/Medical Clinics — Cardiac Rehab, Hospital-Based Fitness/Wellness
- Retirement Centers — 55+ Communities, Independent Living
- Exercise physiologists, clinical exercise physiologists
- Personal fitness trainers
- Group exercise leaders
- Strength and conditioning coaches
- Fitness/wellness and health coaches
- Youth fitness instructors
- Leaders of first responder/military fitness programs
Healthcare providers involved with the fitness industry:
- Physical therapists
- Athletic trainers
Legal and insurance experts involved with the fitness industry